Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Diamond Head Crater

I've been posting lots because we've had a few lazy days.  The boys got bad colds the night we took this hike. Grayson still loves that we did it though. He keeps telling me he wants to go back to Diamond Head....
Can you blame him? Diamond Heads views are pretty. This is the most recognized landmark in Hawaii.
And here is my pro hiker! Ready for another challenge. He told me this hike was better than Manoa Falls because it wasn't muddy.
And here is my back hiking buddy!  We needed lots of water on this hike since it was pretty warm.  Tolman was a happy camper and was glad to get out for breaks and he even got out and ran near the end. This photo was taken by Grayson. I have to keep him close during the hike. He would be "my hands" and get anything I needed from my pack.

We stopped for lunch where I was planning to call it quits from the map. It was stop 4 of 12. Grayson told me that we had to go to the top though. So on we went... overachiever already.
The next part was the boys' favorite. Tolman kept yelling "tunnel tunnel!" When we got inside Grayson said it looked like a movie theater (there was lighting near your feet). The woman behind us just told me she was following Grayson's light-up shoes. I was just trying not to bump Tolman into anything or anyone because it was so dark!
Worth the climb though. The western view of Waikiki from the top is incredible!
Below you can spot the Diamond Head lighthouse. The other view is toward Koko Head to the east.
At the top! Glad the boys enjoy hikes as much as I do.  They were rewarded with candy necklaces.

1 comments:

Cait

So Chase and I are going through your blog tonight and have decided your blog is like a version of ours, except with two boys. lol

We are reminiscing over Hawaii and seeing a lot of similar pictures. And yes, I know as glamourous as our lives sometimes sound it can be HARD to travel so dang much. Especially with two crazy kiddos. And no kitchen sink!!

But you'll look back at all your pictures and be glad you got to do it, and sure enough one day we wont travel so much when our kids are in school and such. =)