Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Strider's July

Strider is so handsome. This past July I missed him lots as he left home for Montgomery, Alabama where he attended Officer's Training School at Maxwell AFB for 5 weeks. I have included a few pictures of his crazy adventure there. He was tested mentally, physically and emotionally while learning the ins and outs of the military and what it means to be an officer. I am so proud of his accomplishments and couldn't be more happy now that we're together!

Reporting bright and early. He was up by 4:30am and
in bed by 11:30pm. They were always busy!

Strider's flight or group called Foxtrot showing their "war faces".

More craziness.

These next few pictures are of an assault or obstacle course he got to do.


Trying to catch their breath

Stay low
Covered in sand

Using his mad hops.
A lovely bruise from the course

PT Uniforms
Air Force Blues for Graduation Day

Finishing the graduation parade with their Oath of Office.

I was lucky enough to get to attend his graduation there in Alabama. I also was able to meet his flight, take a look at where he stayed and gain a little more insight into what he accomplished. He even was a Distinguished Graduate which meant he performed within the top 10% of his class. Way to go Stride!

4 comments:

Mindy Rule

Looks like quite the experience! I miss you guys already! Give Grayson a squeeze! :)

Mandie

Congrats Strider and Jana! We're happy for you! I'm sure you'll love school!

Brooke Whimpey

Wow! Impressive Strider...but I wouldnt have expected you to get less than the top ten percent! You are always in the top of your class. I am glad that you guys are finally together again, I hope you like it up there, and good luck with school Strider!!!

Daniel and Kerri

Check out those hops! Makes us triple jumpers proud! Love and miss you Jana.