Thursday, May 24, 2012

Shower, ER Visit & Cast

This past Saturday I helped throw a Ready to Pop baby shower for my beautiful friend Erin. She is having a baby girl and we are so excited! We served panini's, veggies, fruit, cookies, punch and popcorn. It was delicious and lots of fun!
 Meanwhile, Strider was busy taking care of the boys while I enjoyed my girl time. Sadly, Tolman took a dive off of Stride's shoulders. As Tolman fell Strider grabbed his leg and heard a big pop. I got a call toward the end of the shower that they were headed to the ER... This is how I found them.
 Thankfully, Strider was with friends that took Grayson while I met them at the ER. Tolman was happy, but wouldn't walk on his right leg. They took X rays and didn't see a break, so they sent us home for follow up Monday. Monday our doctor said we should see a Pediatric Orthopedic since Tolman still couldn't walk. Unfortunately, the ones at our nearby military hospital were deployed so, we were sent to Children's Hospital. Tuesday morning we found out Tolman did in fact break his leg- his tibia.  They called it a toddler fracture. He will have a cast on for 2 weeks. He'll get it off right before we move and the day Stride takes the boards!
 Before
 During (he was very curious and kept calling it a sock)
 Grayson during :)
 After (saying cheese for the camera)
On the way home (they even gave him a small boot so he can try and walk with it).
Orange was the color of choice. Strider and brother's request.
It was sad to see him crawl and limp before the cast, but it's even harder to see him with a huge heavy cast. He is learning how to maneuver though. Tolman is one tough little guy! He has kept a good attitude about the whole injury. He pulls himself up on furniture, but mostly crawls around for now.

7 comments:

Mandie

poor guy! I hope he heals up soon!

Mindy Rule

Oh no!! Poor little guy! I hope that it heals fast! Those casts can get itchy!!

Heather

Oh no! That's so sad. But what a good sport and tough little guy.

Cait

Oh no! This is my first time hearing about this! Poor little guy. Chase fell down the stairs when he was about one and had to have a cast like that -wasn't orange though. Very cool!

The shower looked pretty. You guys always do such a great job with those things. Very sad I had to miss it! Hopefully I'll run into you guys again soon!

AnnaM

I just found your blog - I'm sad I was out of town for Erin's shower, looks like you did a fabulous job on it! And I hope Tolman gets the hang of life with a cast and the next 2 weeks aren't too miserable for all of you!

Shonna

Poor little guy. I'm glad he did so well getting the cast on. And I'm so glad nothing worse happened. Good luck with your move. It sounds like we'll be moving just before you guys. I hope all the packing is coming along okay.

Kay Hinton

Oh, I'm so sorry! I'm sure his young bone will heal quickly!